I’ll tell you my experience as a manager of a transportation company to choose accounting software and ERP.As the company grew the need for a full, easy to handle accounting system was mostly integrated. Already we had had experience not pleasant with systems that promise but do not meet the requirements of the organization. (Bad advice post sales, make counter adapts to the conditions of the company that supplied the program.) Instead of be a help, generate difficulties in the accounting closure, some lack the fixed assets module.)
Vendors Always Show Us A Paradise
The challenge is to always tell us the good things. We cannot expect a seller to tell us where the your accounting software implementations has failed, or that make us a list of their weak points. And what is worse: usually we have to wait for that all the installation process and a month of use have passed to know if really met our expectations. And this time, it is too late. Let’s say that according to my experience there are 7 tips to choose the best accounting software:
The current software has helped us in internal processes such as:
- Move from manual check-in services to systematized billing.
- Have 100% control over the portfolio through reports such as maturity and balances per day.
- Management integrated cost center level cards of owners of vehicles, generating a better consultation on accounting reports.
- Take statistics of vehicles, revenues, expenses, etc., through its comprehensive system of performance indicators.
- Administrative and management reporting through the Balanced Scorecard System.
- Unified and instant process in the accounting of all venues.
- Full control of the machinery and equipment of the company using the costing of these: ContaPyme allows you to afford individually or by groups the machinery and equipment of the company and calculate the cost of their use in each of the lines or production orders based on various criteria of allocation as the hours of use of the machines during the month in each of the lines or production orders.
- Specific costing of investments: includes the ease of generating work orders and production orders that lead to the specific costing of investments and productive projects.
- Generation of indicators of productivity for the optimum decision-making and management: the accounting software that we currently use has administrative modules that facilitate the obtaining of performance indicators, financial and productivity. It contains a powerful definition of indicators of type system semaphore; trends and indicators maps type Balanced Scorecard. Let’s you easily design own indicators and management reports and represent them graphically through historical graphs of behavior of the indicator or semi-circular gauges.